Wednesday, June 5, 2013

What Do You Dig?

Summer Reading is about to begin and we're excited to get everyone involved by sharing "What Do You Dig?"  Stop by the library and add your favorite book to our favorites display and be sure to jot down what you dig on our white board.  To kick off the fun I'm going to list a couple books and movies that I DIG:  The Lord of the Rings is my first selection in both book and movie.  I have to admit there are parts in the movie that I disagree with but the director and writers still did an outstanding job trying to capture J.R.R. Tolkien's trilogy.  Next up is Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.  Now I have to start off by saying I can't stand classic novels or books that are super wordy but this book was great.  I read it for a book group and we enjoyed it so much we ended up discussing it for three months.  I also dig Little Women by Louisa May Alcott, another classic (go figure!).   As far as favorite movies I would rank Amelie and Cloverfield as something I would watch more than a few times.  Share what you dig!  SG

No comments:

Post a Comment