Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Playdate

The only reason I chose to read The Playdate by Louise Millar is because it’s a book the Library bought back in July that has never sat on the shelf. Typically when you have a book by Patterson, Evanovich or Deaver you know you aren’t going to see the item hanging around much but I have never heard of Louise Millar and so I wanted to find out why this book was such a hot commodity. After I did a little more digging I found out this is Millar’s debut novel. She is a former magazine editor, born in Scotland, now living in London with her husband and children. At first I just liked the flow of this book and I enjoyed the author’s style of writing, but as the book progressed I found I couldn’t put it down. From the cover: “TAKE NOTHING FOR GRANTED. . . . In a quiet London suburb, a group of mothers relies on each other for friendship, favors, and gossip. But some of them shouldn’t be trusted, and others have dark secrets.” This book is a novel of psychological suspense that is 100 percent enjoyable. I’m looking forward to her next book Accidents Happen due out this June. SG




No comments:

Post a Comment