Thursday, March 28, 2013

The Intouchables (French Film)

In general, I tend not to be an advocate for Foreign Films.  However, with that being said, I have watched my fair share of some good and some bad over the years.  A friend, who resides in the Netherlands, had recommended this film to me several months ago during her visit.  Ever since then, I have been anxiously awaiting its debut in the American market. 

The Intouchables is a remarkable French film that is based on a true story about an ex-con (Driss) from the projects, who is hired to take care of an eccentric French aristocrat (Philippe).  As this unlikely duo overcomes adversity of every flavor in  this story, they also shatter their preconceptions of love, life and each other.  Based on the #1 International best-selling book, You Changed My Life, this story is adventurous, humorous and emotionally enlightening all in one.  Nominated for a Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film, I could easily recommend it to individuals who might be interested in Foreign Films, but who are intimidated by the language barrier.  This film's plot is very easy to follow even if you are not a master of the French language and is arguably one of the best Foreign Films I have ever watched.  I highly recommend it, but its 'R' rating (for language and some drug use) makes it not suitable for young children.  Otherwise, there is really nothing in it that I found to be offensive (in my opinion) at all.  BC-Library Director

No comments:

Post a Comment