Friday, September 15, 2017

Poetry

Did you know the Library has a writing group?  I wasn't aware that several of the participants write poetry!  We have a lot of poetry books here at the Library for you to check out.  One that comes to mind is Rupi Kaur's book Milk and Honey.  From the publisher:
Milk and honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.

One of the writers from our group, Jesse Holt, has shared one of his poems that I thought I would share with you.  SG

Everywhere

it is you alone; there is none else
who quickly turns the key
unlocking the door that houses my pulse
revealing the severity
desperately, i must be with you
you are everywhere I want to be

thoughts of you buy all my time
hoisting me up like a pulley
holding me forever between reason and rhyme
for which there is no remedy
thoughtfully, i must be with you
you are everywhere I want to be

it is curious why i banter, true
and as comical as it may be
rather than wage any war with you
i'd gladly sign any treaty
peacefully, i must be with you
you are everywhere i want to be

i charge your love to give explanation
of its utter complexity
while confusion may be one creation
yours still releases simplicity
tenderly, i must be with you
you are everywhere i want to be

a challenge may make us bend and bow
but we pray the holy creed
and that is what makes us flood and flow
our trust to let Providence lead
prayerfully, i must be with you
you are everywhere i want to be

and when this life of breath and mud
is but a vapor of mortality;
let it be said i found a current of love
that washed and guided me
always i will be with you
you are everywhere i want to be.

                      Jesse Holt



No comments:

Post a Comment