Friday, December 7, 2012

With the holidays approaching we all see the commercials on television showing groups of people laughing and chit chatting with family and friends.  Over and over we're told that this is desirable, but if you're like me (an introvert) then you might actually look at that scene and say "umm, no thanks!"  Don't get me wrong - I love people, love talking to people and love going out.  But while an extrovert will get energized by an evening of chit chat and socializing it just leaves me exhausted.  The Introvert's Way: Living A Quiet Life in a Noisy World by Sophia Dembling was highly enjoyable because it showed me that there's nothing wrong with being an introvert and that I'm not unsociable but "enjoy recharging through time alone."  Some of the described behaviors had me laughing out loud and whether you are an introvert or extrovert this book will be a fun read that will teach you much about human nature. SG

No comments:

Post a Comment