Saturday, July 7, 2012

In Death

J.D. Robb (aka Nora Roberts) has written over 30 books in her “In Death” series. I was reading a blog about Richard Castle readalikes and was surprised when Robb’s books popped up in the conversation. Naturally I had to give one a try and so looked up her series in our “What’s Next” link on the Adult Services’ Reading Ideas page. Naked in Death is the first book in the series and I have to admit I enjoyed it and am looking forward to reading the next. The books are set in the future and the main character, Eve Dallas, is the tough, sexy detective that always gets her man. Although Roberts tends towards romance, the Robb books are definitely mysteries with a bit of romance thrown in ala Richard Castle and his Nikki Heat character. I am always happy to find a new series and am looking forward to being entertained in the months ahead. SG

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading book seven in this series and enjoying it just as much as the first book. I alternate between the audio and print versions and have to say that the narrator on the audio books is brilliant! Give one of the "in death" books a try.

    ReplyDelete