Friday, March 2, 2012

Southern Hospitality

Nestled in the foothills just outside of Nashville, Tennessee, The Loveless Café is an iconic destination in and of itself. It genuinely pays homage to true Americana. When a colleague of mine brought this book to my attention, I knew we would need to add it to our Library’s collection. The true Southern charm of this quaint and busy café is well worth the 30 minute drive from downtown; not to mention, the food and service is among some of the best Southern hospitality you could ever ask for. The recipes are quite practical, yet so delicious—then again, when you add Tennessee whiskey, cinnamon sticks, vanilla bean, butter, sugar, and heavy cream together, what wouldn’t be good, right? (Drunken Caramel Sauce, p. 206).

I personally own a copy of Southern Country Cooking from the Loveless Café: Hot biscuits, country ham. However, my collection just wouldn’t be complete without this book being added to my kitchen arsenal (don’t worry, I am not going to keep the Library’s copy, I will buy my own). If ever you venture to Nashville, a visit to the Loveless Café is a definite must, but as the book states, “now anyone who can’t travel to Nashville or wait two hours for a table can have a taste of the Loveless at home!”--BC

No comments:

Post a Comment