Friday, September 23, 2011

So Many Choices!

The Encyclopedia of Sandwiches: Recipes, History, and Trivia for Everything Between Sliced Bread by Susan Russo is just the sort of book you DON'T want to read when you're hungry. Sandwiches like the "Jucy Lucy" will have you drooling onto the pages. And if you've never had a Croque-Monsieur you have to try this well-known French creation (it's all in the clarified butter). We all know the Philly Cheesesteak came from Philadelphia but now that I've browsed through this book I know that when I'm in Pittsburgh I have to try a Primanti. The most curious combination to me is the recipe for the Potato Chip Sandwich which has peanut butter, pickles and potato chips, which I am determined to try, but I'll save room for dessert - maybe the pound cake sandwich? SG

No comments:

Post a Comment